Re: Updating item pricing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JuliaL
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am having an issue too with MYOB Essentials "new" file
I imported in a list from old V19.6 using the suggested template but no selling price came in (first issue)
I cannot go into 6,000 items individually to update the price.

Client then created a couple of invoices and now cannot change the selling price or even update for increased prices when needed.

Error message - 'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction.

Client now does not want to continue with the file and has gone back to their desktop version.

I am hoping this can be resolved.

6 REPLIES 6
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @JuliaL 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Usually, when needing to import a lot of information, we recommend trying to import just 1 item, then groups of 50 or 100.

If you are still unable to import with a smaller file, would you be able to send through a screenshot of the message you receive after importing, and an example import file so I can reproduce the issue from my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JuliaL
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Samara

Thank you for reply but that was not my question.

I did do smaller files.

The sale price did not come in and I was saying to change 6000 items manually one by one would be time consuming - I have since found the possible issue.

Main issue was - initial items were imported and sell price was blank, customer created an invoice using non-inventory item and entered in the sell price on the invoice line item manually and saved invoice but when wanting to changing the item price on the item list it would not allow a change as the item had been used.

'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction.

This is my main issue.

If the item price cannot be changed how can you go about increasing prices which is standard process that everyone would do.

Thanks

Julia

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @JuliaL 

Can I have a little more clarification on what steps you are taking - Is this item marked as I sell and I inventory, or just I sell? As you mentioned that the item is non-inventoried, but when I have a look at the Selling Details screen, it only shows Number of units if the item is marked as an inventoried item.

If it is inventoried and you have entered a sale then you will not be able to change the Number of units. The only way to change it is if you delete all the sales first. 

Hope that helps, and if you have further questions, I would still require a screenshot of the item and the error message, to help me understand the exact issue.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

JuliaL
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

As mentioned items are non inventory

Sales screen does have the option of qty if non inventory - has always been that way in MYOB

There are many more posts on this forum that MYOB have this issue and cannot seem to be fixed.

This is unacceptable as impossible to update 6,000 items once used so client has reverted back to their old desktop version.

EG - https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Business-Essentials-Sales/Updating-item-pricing/m-p/799160#M2847

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @JuliaL 

Sorry for the delay in response. So I know I am on the same page - you mentioned Essentials in your original message, but in your most recent message you mentioned using the "old desktop version", so I just need a little clarification - are you using AccountRight Desktop, AccountRight Browser, or Essentials?

Depending on the version, we do have a script which I can run on your file which may resolve the issue and allow you to import that information.

To do this, can you send me a Private Message with:

• Your serial number (or client ID)
  • Account name 
  • Primary contact name 

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

JuliaL
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I mentioned in the beginning my client had started a new "Essentials" file.

I mentioned that I took information from an old desktop info to import in.

My answer as mentioned has been cleared up in another post in the Community Forum where there is an issue and items cannot be updated.

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Business-Essentials-Sales/Updating-item-pricing/m-p/799160#M2847

I then said that my client has gone back to her old desktop version as MYOB Essentials cannot do what it is supposed to.

You can now close this thread as the issue cannot be resolved at present and MYOB are working on fixing the issue for everyone.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post