Since the last update Supplier invoice is not recognising the supplier preferred GST code

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kylie_MHA
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Since the last update Supplier invoice is not recognising the supplier preferred GST code

Since the last update the when I've been entering Supplier invoices the system has NOT been recognising the suppliers tax code. I've checked in the 'Buying Details' tab for the supplier and irrespective of which tax code is listed and the preference of 'Use Supplier's Tax Code' is ticked, it is defaulting to the expense account tax code. 

Is anybody else having this issue or just me?

6 REPLIES 6
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Since the last update Supplier invoice is not recognising the supplier preferred GST code

Hi

is the expense  account you using the same as the one saved in the customer card?

Lisa

Kylie_MHA
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Since the last update Supplier invoice is not recognising the supplier preferred GST code

Yes it is the same

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Sorry, the only other thing I can think of is whether you are using the same invoice type layout.

Might be a glitch or perhaps  moderator might have a suggestion

Lisa

Kylie_MHA
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

So this is still an issues, I've been monitoring it over the last few weeks. I create supplier inovices from the in-tray and generally they are not picking up the suppliers name and it's another supplier then I have to change the supplier to the correct one and MYOB is maintaining the GST code based on the automated pick, irrespective of what the correct suppliers GST code. 

This has only started after the last update, prior to that the GST code would reflect the actual suppliers code when changed.

So now as a back up I've had to at the GST code to the supplier surname (we pay lots of individuals) so that I can ensure that it's correct. This is a bandaid solution and would appreicate it if MYOB coud look into the issue.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Kylie_MHA 

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this. If you have the Tax Code entered and Use Supplier's Tax Code ticked on the card, then it should be bringing that code. However, it will always keep the supplier that is entered first which sounds like what's happening.

So for example, you have Supplier 1 with Tax Code A, Supplier 2 with Tax Code B.

You create a bill and the in tray fills in Supplier 1, which has GST code A. You see this is incorrect and change to supplier 2, but it only changes the supplier name, not the tax code so it remains as tax code B and you'll need to change it to A manually. 

We're still working on the In Tray feature, but I've passed on your comments to the relevant team for future improvements. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Kylie_MHA
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Based on your response that is what is happening. BUT this only started after the last update, prior to the update the Tax code would change to align with Supplier 2.

It's dissappointing as we can't rely upon the In Tray to provide the correct information when the supplier is changed. We will have to change our internal processes to accommodate this issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post