Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Unable to export reports to Excel

Hi All,

For some reason, I am unable to export reports to excel. It was working fine until late January, but hasn't been working now. I have uninstalled and re-installed MYOB, we are on Office 365, so no pending updates on that front.

I have gone through similar issues listed in the forum, removed cache from MYOB folder. Still not able to export.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Regards

SG

• Hi Daisy2021

Thanks for your post. I can see that you're experiencing an Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error. 

Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Daisy2021

Thanks for your post. I can see that you're experiencing an Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error. 

Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Daisy2021
      User

Thank you Melisa.

I have approached my IT person and he uninstalled Office 365 and re-installed and selected it to run on 32-bit. I am able to export reports to Excel, and this process may have fixed the communication between MYOB and Excel.

Previously, it was working fine the way both were set up, may be the software updates might have caused this issue, not sure.

Regards

Shireesha