negative inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MelinC
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

negative inventory

Can you please advise how I can put a warning preference in place to stop users from entering sales invoices that put inventory stock into negative. Since using the upgrade Accountright 2020 it allows these sales to be processed.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: negative inventory

Hi @MelinC 

If you're using inventoried items, you should get an error message every time a sale with a shipping quantity more than the quantity on hand is tried to be processed. The warning message will be something like this: 

item build.PNG

Selecting to backorder will process the invoice and will create one order for the backorder item, as a result of which quantity on hand can go below zero. The only way to avoid recording the sale would be by clicking cancel on this window instead of back-ordering. 

Alternatively, you can also set a minimum level of restocking alert in the buying details of the item which will alert you to place a purchase order for any items that go below the specified quantity.  That said, if you used to get a different warning message, please let us know so we can advise accordingly. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post