Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Correcting journal account on a finalised pay run

Hi,

Is it possible at all to amend a payroll GL account number after a pay run has been finalised?

:)

• Hi traceymc1 

Thanks for your post. It's not possible to change the accounts in a pay transaction once it has been recorded. You would need to reverse the transaction, change the account and then reprocess the pay run.

Having said that, you can record general journals to move amounts from one account to another. This is something we recommend checking with your accountant first, but, if you can give me information on what you need to change I'll be happy to provide some general assistance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi traceymc1 

Thanks for your post. It's not possible to change the accounts in a pay transaction once it has been recorded. You would need to reverse the transaction, change the account and then reprocess the pay run.

Having said that, you can record general journals to move amounts from one account to another. This is something we recommend checking with your accountant first, but, if you can give me information on what you need to change I'll be happy to provide some general assistance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

traceymc1
      User

Hi

Thank you, I have decided to reverse the payruns affected and re do.