Flare

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Interchange1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Flare

Hi

I recently decided to look into FLARE as an option for our employees with a bit of hesitation due to fact we are handing out employee information (email).  When I read the information it was mentioned that you had the choice of who was to take up the offer and we thought we would try it and have an opt in option for staff.  

It was very disapointing when I signed up to trial it, it automatically sent an email to all our employees.  We then had to send out an email to let employees know that we were trialling something and to ignore the email.  I removed all the employees from the app however they are still receiving emails.  Not sure if there is any way of stopping this.  Such a pain.  

Highly recommend to be careful, I did agree to share information but had no idea it would automatically share to everyone.

Amanda

12 REPLIES 12
vidario1
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

95Posts

25Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Flare

Thanks for the update. I was worried this would happen, which is why I've not signed up for the "Employee Benefits".

I'm not too keen on the idea of MYOB on-selling third-party products within the software (what's next, targeted ads??), but that's another discussion Smiley Happy

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @Interchange1 

Thanks for your post. 

MYOB has teamed up with the workplace benefits provider Flare to offer affordable employee benefits for all customers on MYOB Business. Whatever your business size or budget. you can offer your employees perks to attract the best people to your company and to strengthen their commitment to their workplace. 

You can check on this Help Article: Employee Benefits for more information. 

Feel free to post again, We're happy to assist. 

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ItaiMYOB
MYOB Product Manager
36 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
MYOB Product Manager

36Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Hey Amanda (@Interchange1 )

Thank you for raising this concern to us. I'm the product manager responsible for this integration.

I just wanted to say that I 100% understand your concern and would be frustrated in this position too. 

The reason this happened to you was actually not because we automatically invite all employees, but rather, a user interface which makes it not obvious at all how to individually invite users.

Specifically, if you hit the blue "Invite your people" button, it will invite all your existing employees. However, if you would hit the "skip for now" button, it will then take you to the admin where you can send individual invites.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 170904.png

I acknowledge this is not obvious, so we are working with Flare on some alternative wording that we will be updating to, and should solve the confusion for other new users who may also inadvertantly invite all their employees.

In terms of the emails thereafter, at the moment, once an employee is invited to the app, they can't be uninvited to the app. Removing them from the admin will cease their workplace link to your business in the app, meaning any custom perks you add in, will not be visible to them. However, they should only receive 2 reminder emails, and after 10 days, their invite will be considered abandoned and they will need to be invited again. This is something we're also working with Flare to address, so watch this space.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is definitely taken into consideration.

Kind Regards

Itai

ItaiMYOB
MYOB Product Manager
36 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
MYOB Product Manager

36Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @vidario1 

I totally understand your concern. It is worth mentioning, that while Flare is a seperate entity, they are wholly owned by the MYOB group.

Regards

Itai

vidario1
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

95Posts

25Kudos

5Solutions

@Celia_B 

With all due respect, your response does not address the concerns raised by @Interchange1 , nor does the linked article provide any additional information on the topic. 

Interchange1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Itai

Thank you for your reply.

I agree that the interface is badly designed.  At no stage did I think that signing into the system to trial it would automatically invite everyone one our employee list, I thought that it would have given me the option to invite people once I was in.

I have just signed in and noticed that two new employees have been automatically added without us requesting this, once again no choice of who is getting these emails as mentioned in the information I looked up before I signed on.

Could you please send me information on how to take FLARE off my company completely.

Kind Regards

Amanda 

ItaiMYOB
MYOB Product Manager
36 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
MYOB Product Manager

36Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Hey Amanda.

I'll send you an e-mail to assist your further.

Thanks

Itai

Tina2013
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This has happened to me as well.  All employees, including closed/terminated and new employees who haven't yet commenced with us were on this list and were sent emails.  Not Happy as I was just going in to have a look and I thought I would individually send them not auto bulk send emails to all.  I have told my team to ignore the emails from Flare for now.  I have disable them all as users but they still got a further email a day later.  ???  

ItaiMYOB
MYOB Product Manager
36 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
MYOB Product Manager

36Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Tina.

I apologise for the experience you faced. This should be solved now for new users going forward as the messaging was updated on Friday afternoon to be more reflective of the actual action (Invite all employees, or choose who to invite).

In terms of the emails thereafter. Once an employee is invited to Flare, they are actually able to use the app even post termination, as the relationship exists between the employee and Flare. Disabling them as users doesn't prohibit the employee accessing any generic benefits from Flare, but will prohibit them from accessing any custom employer benefits you set up in your admin.

That said, the second reminder email I believe is the last one. They will not receive any marketing communication.

Regards

Itai

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post