Forum Discussion

MaryV
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Leave Entitlements not Reducing based on hours worked

I'm running my first payroll in Accountright 2019. In V19, when you entered the Base hours, the leave accruals would automatically adjust. If the employee is not being paid for time off, then leave doesn't accrue for that period, and in V19, the entitlements would calculate themselves depending on the base hours worked. I have one pay where instead of 38 hrs this week, he only worked 15.2 and the entitlements remain at 2.923 and 1.462 when they should be reduced. Can you please advise why this is happening and what I need to do to fix it. Thanks in advance Mary
  • Hi MaryV,

Thank you for the post! 

Looks like your entitlement categories calculations is set to set hours per pay period. If you try changing your entitlements accordingly then you would be looking at the result you wanted. Just for your reference it is in the screen shot where you should be making the changes.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post again.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

MaryV 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Like Gayathri mentioned it sounds like you have your Hourly staff set on Hours instead of %.

Any staff member on hourly should have entitlements set as a % of Gross per pay period not a set number of hours. The set number of hours is usually only used for Salaried Staff.

MaryV
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the explanation.  I've changed it the %, and I'm sure it will work next pay run :-)

• Hi MaryV,

Thank you for the post! 

Looks like your entitlement categories calculations is set to set hours per pay period. If you try changing your entitlements accordingly then you would be looking at the result you wanted. Just for your reference it is in the screen shot where you should be making the changes.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post again.

Thank you.