Payroll Tax calculation is wrong

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Tax calculation is wrong

Hi

I started using a new superanuation expense account from 1/7/22 - to start fresh with the new 10.5% rate and no minimum wages requirement.

My problem:  The new superannuation expense is not being assigned to the Superannuation category on the Payroll Tax Report.

I definitely have the superannuation set up as 'Superannuation Guarantee (expense)' and the superannuation expenses of employees have definitely gone to that superannuation category.

I am in ACT (and hence ACT Payroll Tax applies).

There does not appear to be a place to allocate superannuation to the Payroll Tax report - like there is with wages.  Hence, it seems that the system does it automatically (by picking up all superannuation expense accounts??)  This makes me wonder whether it is a software fault.

Help please.

Relevant reports are attached.

Thanks.

Karen

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Tax calculation is wrong

Hi @6203 

If you go to Payroll>>General Payroll Information>>Set Up Payroll Tax is that category (Super Guarantee (no threshold) ticked within that window? 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Tax calculation is wrong

Thank you, Steven - that has solved it.  I have numerous 'zz' leading payroll category names and superannuation names, which resulted in me not seeing the few current superannuation categories in amongst them!  Thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post