Forum Discussion

Onda
User
2 years ago

Payroll not appearing on bank transactions 'match transactions'

Hello,

My  MYOB has just been changed over to the new version (not a fan to be honest). Anyway, I  have just process my  first payrun on there (I pay the employees directly I don't use a bank file) and the bank transactions are  showing up in banking however they used  to automatically link  up to the transactions. Now they appear as 'unallocated transactions'. When I go into match transactions, no payroll items are shown to match them up to, only bills appear. I have never had any problems with this before (I've been using MYOB essentials for over 10 years) it is only since the new changeover. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Onda 

Thanks for your post. If your employees have Electronic selected as the Payment method in their employee card, the process for electronic payments has changed in the newer MYOB Essentials platform as we've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically. You will now need to set up and process Prepare electronic payment transactions.

You don't need to upload the bank file to your bank, however, you do need to process the electronic payment as this moves the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. Once you have processed the electronic payment you match the electronic payment transaction to the bank transaction in Bank transactions.

These Help Articles have detailed information on electronic payments:

Paying suppliers and employees electronically

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

If you don't want to pay employees using a bank file in the future, change the Payment method in their employee card to Cash or Cheque. Then go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab and make sure the correct bank account is selected in Bank account for Cash/Cheque payments.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

ASanders0210
      Contributing User

This is not working for me - this seems to be your standard response to everyone having this same issue. I cannot fix it - headaches headaches headaches

ASanders0210
    Contributing User

Hi, I am having the same issues, did you work it out, spending too much time on this.

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi ASanders0210 

When the employees Payment method is electronic you need to follow the previously provided Help Articles to process an electronic payment. You can then match the electronic payment transaction to the bank feed transaction. I've provided detailed information on your post here: Payroll - electronic payments