Forum Discussion

AinsleyCMP
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Payroll reporting does not match STP reporting and payslips

Hello Tracey_H 

I have discovered an issue with a weeks payroll and I am unsure how to correct it.....

Firstly, I have been able to cross check that the payslips and the ATO Report (declaration date 25/12)  are balanced and accurate,  and the staff paid the correct amount.  However, when looking at the payroll reports for; Payroll Activity, Payroll Register etc they all have NIL/$0 data recorded. 

The payroll week of concern is 19/12 to 25/12.   I can see that this run (w/e 25th) has been recorded, but on the on the 26/12, as it is showing in the Payroll Activity, Payroll Register reports, however this rolls into the next payrun, with 2 weeks of pay reporting (the reports have 2 payruns w/e 25/12 and w/e 01/01).

I did process the pay on the 26/12, however the pay period selected was until 25/12, so I am confused as to how and why this has happened.

Im concerned as this will effect the Superannuation calculations for December.

I appologise if this is hard to follow, I will provide more details as required. 

I look forward to some advice.  Thanks, Ainsley.

• AinsleyCMP 

Hi Ainsley

As the ATO uses the payment date to determine which month/quarter/year that a pay period is reported in, MYOB also uses the payment date. So if the payment date was the 26/12, run your reports to include that date. 

To check that the super calculations include all pays with a December payment date run the Employee Advice detail and make sure all pay periods are reported. In your case this would be w/ending 4/12, 11/12, 18/12, 25/12.

If you're still having problems please let me know.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • AinsleyCMP 

Hi Ainsley

As the ATO uses the payment date to determine which month/quarter/year that a pay period is reported in, MYOB also uses the payment date. So if the payment date was the 26/12, run your reports to include that date. 

To check that the super calculations include all pays with a December payment date run the Employee Advice detail and make sure all pay periods are reported. In your case this would be w/ending 4/12, 11/12, 18/12, 25/12.

If you're still having problems please let me know.