STP All Purpose Allowances MYOB non compliance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

STP All Purpose Allowances MYOB non compliance

Hi,

Can someone please confirm whether MYOB has provided a solution for treating all purpose allowances?  I have been through multiple threads and cannot see that a solution has been forthcoming from MYOB re. this?

Whilst I understand that users can establish multiple pay codes in MYOB as a workaround, this is complex and time consuming and not really feasible.  I am aware that other software companies such as XERO have managed to provide a simple solution, yet from what I can tell there has been no such solution from MYOB.

With the absence of a solution, how do you suggest we process overtime and leave payments when the allowance is seperated out from Base Wages?  I'm having trouble finding any guidance on this?

4 REPLIES 4
LisaTerese
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP All Purpose Allowances MYOB non compliance

Hi Lmcstack

I have just come across your post, and wish to ask what you determine to be 'all purposes allowances', please.

I have set up additional payroll categories for my employee's allowances, (meals, overnight), and when doing so do not tick the box which reads 'Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Base Salary Detals'.  By not ticking this, the amount/s of the Allowances do not become part of/added to the employee's base hourly wages or salary amount.

I have set up payroll categories for Base Hourly, Additional Hours (overtime), Meal allowances (excluded from Gross amount), and Annual and Personal Leave Accruals set up as the required hours per pay period.

I hope that this is of assistance, whilst also acknowledging that this may not be the answer that you are requiring.

Kind regards

LisaTerese

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your response.

The All Purpose Industry allowance is usually included within the base hourly rate.  As such it is considered Ordinary Time Earnings.  Any overtime paid is calculated on the rate (inclusive of APIA) as well as all leave paid.  It is unlike other allowances which are considered an additional amount payable on top of the base hourly rate.

Whilst it is simple enough to split out the All Purpose Allowance from the base hourly rate and create a seperate allowance code for this, what is not simple is the ability to then calculate overtime or leave payments.  For example, overtime is calculated as 150% of base earnings rate including the All Purpose Industry Allowance.  As MYOB would require the APIA to shown as a seperate allowance, It is not currently possible in MYOB to calculate overtime on anything other than the base hourly regular rate.

The only way it would be possible to do this is to create multiple paycodes for each employee which is unfathomable and totally unworkable scenario.

Like others, we have elected to not split out the APIA until such time as MYOB makes the changes which would make it STP2 compliant.

I was wanting an update from MYOB but have had no response to date.

Lynne

LisaTerese
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Lynne

Oh, I was a bit of track with my answer, as I have not encountered All Purpose Industry allowances in any of the job roles that I have held.

I can understand the difficulty (and frustration) with this.

I am sorry that I do not have an answer for you, and it is really unacceptable that a MYOB consultant has not replied and/or addressed your issue.

I am currently having difficulties with the MYOB browser interface, as this does not have the functionality for me to use time billing layout for invoicing in the browser - only using the desktop application.

I did recieve a response, though not what I was wanting.  MYOB have no plans in the immediate future to enable anyone using time billing layout for invoices to d this through the web broweser - only using the desktop application.

We all pay our subscriptions, though many of us seem to not have full functionality using MYOB for our work requirements.

Hopefully your issue is resolved soon, and you and others in your predicament can have this issue rectified - especially if it is required for STP2 compliancy.

Take care.

Kind regards

LisaTerese

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether MYOB have extended their STP Phase 2 deferral beyond 31st March 2023 or are they still maintaining that they are STP compliant?

My understanding is that if the digital service provider does not apply for a deferral then as an employer we are required to apply to ATO and request one, explaining why we are seeking a delayed transition.

As far as I'm aware, MYOB has still not as yet come up with a solution as to how we can efficiently treat and report All purpose allowances?

Would appreciate your input?

Thanks

Lynne

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post