Forum Discussion

samg
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Salary Sacrificed Super Mistake

Hi, I processed the pays with a mistake in one employees salary sacrificed super. I put it in as a positive value instead of a negative on their standard pay. After running the pays an ABA file was ...
    LRBooks61
    6 years ago

Hi sam

nothing quite like being thrown in the deep end,,,

i am again assuming that that the payroll has been authorised and paid to the employee so therefore the only way to correct this is to adjust the next payroll run.

So I would suggest you determine what the correct pay should have been and then compare what was paid and then adjust all affected accounts in the next payroll

eg and this is just some figures plucked from the air....

gross wages - sal sac - payg = net wages

2000 - (+1000) - 500= 2500

payg tax would only be paid on the gross amount - the salary sacrifice , so in this case (if I understand correctly) the salary sac was added and therefore the payg would have been calculated on the 3000 instead of 1000.

if this employees pay is the same each pay run you could just compare payslips from this pay to a previous pay and calculate the differences. 

I would also run a super report for this employee to make sure the super is correct..

Super does not necessary get calculated on the gross salary if super salary sacrifice is deducted , workplace can determine that.

So check all the figures and you will be able to override the figures for super , super salary sacrifice and PAYG.

It’s just maths and you can do it!,

Lisa