Forum Discussion

DebWright
Contributing Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Unable to change the payment method 'pay from account' on wage transactions

Hi Celia_B 

Good Day! This is in regard to the issue that I posted last time and I would like to seek for your help and assistance. 

I've been trying to change the Pay from account from Electronic Clearing to the bank account (Cash at Bank) for some processed payroll transactions as I was informed by my client that she's not yet using the electronic payment method/ABA file (client has just started processing payroll for this account). Unfortunately, the payroll transactions are linked to electronic clearing accounts instead of actual bank account and MYOB won't allow me to change the payment method and the bank account where I can able to clear the electronic clearing account balance and also for me to reconcile the transactions. I'm trying to reverse the transaction but the error code Code: SingleTouchPayrollServiceError (100106) appears.

They said that the file must be corrupted but could you please help me fix it or please let me know how can I move the amounts from the electronic clearing account to the Bank account? Or could you please suggest how I can reconcile the transactions for the month including these wages transactions from the reconcile account tab and also to clear the electronic clearing account and transfer the balance to the Bank account?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you so much.

• hi DebWright Celia_B 

If you can not edit the transaction due to the super being paid for these people it is BECAUSE you have used the pay liability window to process them and not as suggested with a spend money or general journal.

The easiest way to maybe do what you want is to record an entry for each person. So for J Ormsby enter a spend money transaction dated 5/4/23, tick electronic payment , make the amount NEGATIVE $1,820.00 and allocate to the cash at bank account.

Then go to prepare electronic payments, tick the negative amount and positive amount, with the pay from account being the cash at bank.  okay the warning you get regarding a negative disbursement.

Click bank file and cancel out when it wants to save the file after it says it will record the transaction.

You should then see the amount disappear from the prepare electronic payment screen and then it will appear in your bank rec to reconcile.

Do the same for the other employees.

Please let me know how you go with it. 

20 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DebWright 

Thank you for responding to us and providing updates on the situation. 

My initial recommendation in this case is to Clear the AccountRight cache, And get the diagnostic log. I would also recommend discussing with your accountant because it needs to clear the electronic clearing account before transferring to another bank account. As we do not have access to your account and were unable to see what's really on your account.  

If further assistance is required, don't hesitate to post again. We'll be happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

DebWright
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Celia_B ,

Thank you for your response. I already cleared the cache and still it won't allow me to edit the payroll transactions. Could you please let me know on how to clear the electronic clearing account? As I'm the one who's reconciling my client's account and preparing reports for this client on a monthly basis.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
      Zhenna