Forum Discussion

Jenny-Accounts
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

MYOB Tax Code Problem - Field allows you to save a blank code

I am using AccountRight Premier AU 2020. 1. 0 online.   I accidentally came accross a sale transaction from last quarter in which has a blank tax code on a transaction line.  This should have been ...
    4 years ago

Hi Jenny-Accounts 

Thanks for your post. When recording sales through Enter Sales the Tax code field is prefilled based on either the Customer's Tax Code, the item's tax code or the tax code linked to the income account. Income accounts and items cannot be saved without tax codes. This does mean that the field will always be prefilled and the tax code would need to be manually deleted from the sale prior to recording. 

As part of month-end procedures we do recommend running the Company Data Auditor which does check for Tax code exceptions and runs the Tax code exception report. This checks for not only missing tax codes but for any tax codes that have been changed so that you can confirm those changes are correct.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.