Why there can be discrepancies between payroll reports and profit and loss Statements

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
narellesales
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Why there can be discrepancies between payroll reports and profit and loss Statements

Can someone help me with my assignment?

Give one example of why there can be discrepancies between payroll reports and profit and loss Statements.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Why there can be discrepancies between payroll reports and profit and loss Statements

Hi @narellesales 

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to explain how those reports filter their data which should help with understanding why there would be a difference.

• Payroll reports filter by the payroll categories used when processing payroll
  • Profit & Loss reports filter by accounts, so this will include all transactions posted to wage accounts not just pay transactions

For example, a Spend money transaction can be allocated to a wage expense account but won't be allocated to a payroll category.

Good luck with your assignment.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

megan22
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Why there can be discrepancies between payroll reports and profit and loss Statements

An example is - at year end particularly, you would accrue for wages up to the end of the period which have not been paid yet - therefore, you will have wages in the P&L but they are not on the Payroll report.  It is a reconciling item or timing difference.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post