Forum Discussion

Slurry
Experienced User
4 months ago
Solved

Payroll Discrepancy

HI

The accountants has advised me that the monthly Wages and PAYGWH is different to the STP lodged with ATO.

I have gone into STP Report and viewed the YTD Verification report for 2023/2024..

There is a difference between the Payroll Activity Report and the YTD Verification Report.

It looks like all the employees amounts are different when I check the Summary of Payments in The STP section.

Is there a report I can print to compare the Payroll to the STP Report

Thanks

Eunice

• Hi Slurry,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delayed response.

To identify the correct report, you'll need to generate the Payroll Register Report, as this is the data reported to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll (STP). Generate the payroll register and activity report for the same date range with your STP reports.

If the Payroll Activity Report and the Payroll Register Report match, you can send an update event to update the YTD Verification Report in the STP section. However, if there's a discrepancy between the Payroll Activity Report and the Payroll Register Report, we'll need to investigate further to identify where the discrepancy came from. This could involve checking for any adjustments made after a pay run or errors in data entry.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Slurry,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delayed response.

To identify the correct report, you'll need to generate the Payroll Register Report, as this is the data reported to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll (STP). Generate the payroll register and activity report for the same date range with your STP reports.

If the Payroll Activity Report and the Payroll Register Report match, you can send an update event to update the YTD Verification Report in the STP section. However, if there's a discrepancy between the Payroll Activity Report and the Payroll Register Report, we'll need to investigate further to identify where the discrepancy came from. This could involve checking for any adjustments made after a pay run or errors in data entry.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess