new employee benefits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Crompton
Partner
16 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

new employee benefits

Hi

Need to understand this new feature on your program.

If these are benefits that you are providing your staff, are these going to be subject to FBT?  from what I read on your website, it really sounds like it is going to

1 REPLY 1
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Re: new employee benefits

Hi @Crompton 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum.

A fringe benefit (FBT) is something offered to an employee by their employer on top of their salary. It can be used to incentives and reward employees without increasing wages.

It must be non-cash incentives paid on top of the salary. Even if the benefit is provided by a third party employers must pay FBT, and Employees can exclude fringe benefits from their taxable income. 

There are employee benefits that are subject to the Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT). These are, Holiday and vacation expenses; Educational assistance to the employee or his dependents; and, life or health insurance and other non-life insurance premiums or similar amounts in excess of what the law allows. 
And also Fringe benefits furnished to managerial and supervisory-level employees by the employer. And this benefits subject to FBT are no longer included in the employee's taxable income. 

You can check on this Help Article: Reportable fringe benefit 

Please feel free to post again. And Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post