Forum Discussion

15 days ago
Solved

Increasing AL entitlement

All of our staff from 1 April have gone from 4 weeks A/L to 5 weeks A/L.

If I adjust the A/L entitlement to 5 weeks at the next pay run, does the system start calculating the entitlement from that date or only from the workers anniversary date?

And I assume I adjust the Opening leave balance for the number of extra days earnt from 1 April to the next pay run or do I need to adjust the entitlement from 1 April to the employees anniversary date?

• Hi paulclarke,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

When you update the entitlement, it applies retroactively from the beginning rather than from the day of change. You'll need to ensure you note the employee's leave entitlement, then initiate a leave adjustment and update the anniversary date to reflect when the leave entitlement will transition to 5 weeks. For more information, please refer to this Help article: Managing your employees’ leave.

Feel free to post anytime you need help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi paulclarke,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

When you update the entitlement, it applies retroactively from the beginning rather than from the day of change. You'll need to ensure you note the employee's leave entitlement, then initiate a leave adjustment and update the anniversary date to reflect when the leave entitlement will transition to 5 weeks. For more information, please refer to this Help article: Managing your employees’ leave.

Feel free to post anytime you need help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess