Payroll Category not appearing in STP for one employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HollyM555
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Category not appearing in STP for one employee

Hi,

Just doing a quick recon ahead of payroll year-end and have noticed a payment of ETP to an employee is not showing in the payroll reporting centre.

• it is appearing in payroll and on the activity summary
  • both activity summary and activity register agree
  • have just tried processing a zero pay to help it through but it has not come through. It is not appearing on the individuals report or the YTD verification report.
  • same category has been successful with a more recent employee.

Hoping someone can help.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HollyM555
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

ETP Payment not appearing in Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi,

Just doing a quick recon ahead of payroll year-end and have noticed a payment of ETP to an employee is not showing in the payroll reporting centre.

• it is appearing in payroll and on the activity summary
  • both activity summary and activity register agree
  • have just tried processing a zero pay to help it through but it has not come through. It is not appearing on the individuals report or the YTD verification report.
  • same category has been successful with a more recent employee.

Hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll Category not appearing in STP for one employee

Hi @HollyM555 

Thanks for your post. First thing to check is in the Payroll reporting centre>>Employment terminations tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) for that employee and select View ETP transactions. Can you see the ETP payments here? If you can let me know.

If you can't see those payments a couple of other things to check are the ATO reporting categories assigned to the ETP payroll categories and the way the termination payment was processed. These help articles have detailed information to help with this:

Assign ATO reporting categories

Create payroll categories for termination payments

Record the final termination pay

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

HollyM555
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

There is no ETP for this employee. I have also checked that the payroll category is assigned to the correct ATO category - ETP-Taxable component. This all looks fine.

I've done the 'check payroll details' in the reporting centre and  all details meet the requirements.

This category was used for another leaver later in the year and their ETP does appear correctly.

Could it be that the category was not set-up correctly for the first employee pay and then this has caused us an issue?

Thanks

Holly

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @HollyM555 

If that ETP category reports correctly for the first employee then the issue won't be the set up of the category. It's more likely that there's an issue with the way the termination pay was processed for the second employee. Open both pay transactions and check how they've been recorded. Make sure the ETP was entered the same for both employees. Check the ETP Benefit Type has been selected for the second employee:

etp.PNG

This help article has detailed information on how the termination pay needs to be processed: Record the termination pay

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

HollyM555
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

The ETP category issue lies with the first employee, paid 1/7/2020. The next employee was paid 15/2/2021 and their ETP is fine.

The payslips look identical to each other but there is not the 'ETP Benefit Type' that you have highlighted.

If the ETP category has since been updated then if I reverse the pay and put it back in again my net effect will be zero and therefore not solve my issue?

Thanks

Holly

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @HollyM555 

Since there is no ETP reported in the Payroll Reporting Centre>>Employment terminations tab, try reversing the pay transaction and reprocessing. There's two sides to payroll transactions, the software side and the STP side. You've got it appearing correctly in the software but not reported in STP, which typically means that the ETP categories weren't set up correctly and the ETP type wasn't selected when processing the termination pay.

If you reverse the first employee's termination pay you're reversing that transaction as it was originally recorded, the original and the reversal will then cancel each other out. When you reprocess the pay you'll be left with one correct transaction reported through STP (fingers crossed). Make sure when you reprocess that you get the ETP Benefit Type button and you select the applicable ETP in that window.

Let me know how you go or if you need help with the reversal.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

HollyM555
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

When I did the reversal and re-posted it worked fine.

The EOY report in the payroll reporting centre now matches my reports in MYOB.

Many thanks for your help with this

Holly

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@HollyM555 

Hi Holly

That's great to hear, thanks for letting me know.

And you're very welcome. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post