AndreaH
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Historical Balance - Opening Balance

I have a historical balance amount of 20,0000 showing up in the balance sheet. The file was only started in August 2023, and I think that the issue could be with an incorrect opening balance for the bank account/owners equity, the opening balance for both the bank and owners equity should be $10,0000. The balance sheet report at the 1/8/23 shows the issue with no additional entries.

I have tried the the below procedure and the issue remains 

• Go to Setup > Balances > Account Opening Balances
  • Select an account with a $0 opening balance (make sure to remember the account - write it down)
  • Enter a $1 opening balance for this account and click Ok
  • Go back to Setup >> Balances >> Account Opening Balances and remove the $1 opening balance, returning it to $0 again
  • Click Ok
  • Run the Balance Sheet again and check that it balances
Capture.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Historical Balance - Opening Balance

Hi @AndreaH

Thank you for sharing your concern on the forum. I apologize for the delay in our response. Your effort to find a workaround before reaching out is greatly appreciated.

To better assist you, I will be sending a private message to gather more details about your concern.

In the meantime, please feel free to start a new thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Genreve

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @AndreaH

Just touching base on the issue you've been experiencing with your balance sheet report. If you need more assistance, please feel free to respond to my private message so we can delve deeper into this and provide you with the necessary support.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Genreve

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @AndreaH

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I wanted to let you know that due to the lack of updates on your concern, we've decided to close this thread at this time.

However, if you need any more help or have other issues to discuss, please feel free to start a new thread in our forum. We're always here to help.

Thanks,
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post