new BAS option in business pro - problem found

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

45Kudos

0Solutions

new BAS option in business pro - problem found

Ok... So a club I am BAS agent for has decided to go online with Business Pro.. But MYOB have made assumptions that they shouldn't. The club financial year goes from 1st May to 30th April.  MYOB BAS report has assumed that they do a quarterly BAS starting on 1st May - where the actual BAS reporting is the same as everybody else in Aus... from 1st April to 30th June.

I will not be able to use the BAS function until such time as MYOB fix the assumption.

4 REPLIES 4
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Re: new BAS option in business pro - problem found

Hi @Beach

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Apologies for not responding to you sooner and thank you for your efforts in bringing this to our attention. We understand how important this feature is for your daily workflow and we appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we will pass your feedback to the relevant team. We are truly thankful for your patience and understanding during this time. 

In this matter, for us to investigate this further with you, could you please confirm if it is not giving you an option to change the BAS period? And can you please provide a screenshot of what you can see on your end? Please hide/remove any sensitive employee/business details from screenshots posted publicly. 

Also, if you are referring to the option to change the BAS period, in MYOB Business you may go to accounting menu >> choose Prepare BAS or IAS >> Sign into your MYOB account when prompted >> click Settings. Our article I need to change my BAS setup or details has instructions on how to do this within MYOB Business Pro.

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.  

If the response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

45Kudos

0Solutions

Ok - so here we go... There is absolutely nowhere that will allow changes in the start and end month in the NEW BAS report area.

businesspro-businessFYR.JPGbusinesspro-gstsettings.JPGbusinesspro-reportsettings.JPGnewBASfunction.JPG

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,449Posts

182Kudos

388Solutions

Hi, @Beach 

Thanks for your response.

In addition to the information that @Leneth_A provided, to change the BAS period to April 1 2023- June 30 2023, kindly go to Reporting > Select BAS > Click on Create new. From the Setup window, you should be able to change the BAS period. Please refer to the screenshots below. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

143Posts

45Kudos

0Solutions

sorry @Doreen_P - but if people actually read my original post fully, they will realise that my problem is----- because the business has a financial year starting 1st May and ending 30th April - the business pro software incorrectly assumes that the quarterly BAS starts on 1st May.  There is NO OPTION to change it to the correct period. I have been a MYOB partner for quite some time - so please trust that I know what I am saying.  MYOB developers have made the assumption that the quarterly BAS is somehow tied in with what the Financial Year is... ATO would be rather amused and shocked that an accounting software company thinks that this is true..

myob-bas.JPG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post