Forum Discussion

Anna22
User
2 months ago

How do I allocate two bank payments to one PAYROLL entry in MYOB Business

Hi Team,

I guess I'm not the only one out there who didn't change automatic bank payments for wages after minimum wage increase... So now I have two payments for wages (old wage + balance after the increase) and one payroll transaction. This is in MYOB Business.

How do I marry those please?

Thank you,

Anna.

1 Reply

• Hi Anna22,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

I get that you're aiming to assign two bank payments to a single payroll entry in MYOB Business. To assist you in resolving this, please give these steps a shot:

1. If you have a payroll clearing account already set up, proceed to step 2. If not, you can easily create one by navigating to Accounting >> Chart of Accounts >>Create Account.
    2. Within bank transactions, allocate the separate wage payment bank fee transactions to the clearing account.
    3. Generate a general ledger report from Reporting >> Reports to observe credit amounts now present in the bank account due to the allocations made in Step 2. Additionally, note the debit balance in the payroll clearing account reflecting the allocated amount.
    4. Utilize the Accounting menu to create a general journal, transferring the total pay amount between the bank account and the payroll clearing account.
    5. Run the general ledger report from Reporting >> Reports once more. The general journal created in Step 4 offsets the spend-money transactions, effectively reducing the balance in the payroll clearing account.

When conducting the next bank reconciliation, it's crucial to reconcile the spend money allocations, the initial pay run, and the general journal to ensure balance.

Or the other way around is to reverse the pay transaction and process as two separate pay runs. The Help Article, Changing or deleting a pay, has information on reversing a pay.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess