Forum Discussion

Wayne6
User
3 years ago
Solved

Processing Unallocated Bank Transactions

Hi

When I allocate and save unallocated transactions from my bank feed they are not processing to the relevant ledger. The transaction remains in the unallocated transactions.

• Hi Wayne6 

You will only need to create one dummy spend money and receive money transaction and that should allow you to allocate all the previous bank feed transactions too. Please ensure that the dummy spend/receive money transaction is not created using the Bankfeeds window but is manually entered through Banking>>Spend Money/Receive Money.

If you need assistance with this process, do let me know.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Wayne6 

When you allocate and save the transaction, is the process complete at that stage, or doesn't save at all? If it does not allocate, do you get an error message or a spinning circle? 

Wayne6
      User

Hi Komal

It is not saving at all and the entry remains in the bank feed. There is no error message. I have also tried to allocate transactions through the transaction history in the Banking tab. When I do this I get a spinning circle which goes on and on until I exit MYOB.

Regards

Wayne

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Wayne6 

It can happen if the reference number for the transaction is stuck in the background. In order to get around this, create a manual Spend/Receive Money transaction depending on whether you're trying to allocate a withdrawal/deposit. While entering that transaction, edit the reference number and save the transaction. Once that is done, go back to the Bank feeds window and try the allocation process. If it works, delete the dummy spend/receive money transaction that was previously created.

Let me know how you go on.