Forum Discussion

dbarkho
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Reconciling Electronic Clearing Account with a payroll error

Hi MYOB community   I was hoping to get some guidance regarding the reconcilation of our electronic clearing account, from what I have read on the forums the electronic clearing accounts debits and...
    Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi dbarkho 

It's great to hear that you're using the Forum to find answers to your issues. Just make sure when you read a post that it matches the product you are using, processes are different in the newer MYOB Essentials platform than they were in the original MYOB Essentials platform.

The posts that I have found which advise to split the pay between two employee bank accounts relate to the original platform. This did record two pay transactions.

Due to the change in the electronic payment process in the newer platform, splitting the pay between two employee bank accounts doesn't record two pay transactions. The split between the two bank accounts happens in the bank file.

So the correct process is:

• step 1: reprocess the original payrun to reflect the actual amount paid from bank back in April 2022 ($1350.50)
    • step 2: match the new, reprocessed original payrun to the original bank transaction (reprocessed payrun of $1,350.50 to $1350.50 bank transaction) 
    • step 3: process a new, recent payrun, of $28.00 in the same year (2021-2022 financial year) to reflect the underpayment 
    • step 4: match the new payrun to a new bank transaction that will appear after we pay the payrun via bank file

If you process the second payrun in the same financial year the gross YTD amounts shouldn't change, you're just splitting the amounts over two transactions instead of one.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.