Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

matched transactions still showing as unallocated

Recently set up (end of Jan) bank feeds thinking it will save me time...what a joke! Transactions have been allocated automatically to the correct invoice but when I go into the bank transactions screen they show as unallocated. When I try and search for the invoice to allocate them to of course I cannot find it because that payment has been allocated to that invoice!

I have tried going in - via opening another myob screen- deleting the matched transactions and then allocating it in the bank transaction screen. It shows up as successfully matched then when I refresh the page the transaction is unallocated and the invoice can longer be found as the payment has been matched to it.

How can we rectify this problem...what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: matched transactions still showing as unallocated

Hi @MaryHa,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I understand your frustration with the bank transactions showing as unallocated even after being matched to the correct invoices. You should be able to match those transactions by expanding that bank transaction and changing the filter by field to All Transactions. However, I can suggest a few steps you could try:

• Unmatch and Reallocate: Sometimes, the system might not update the status of the transactions immediately. You could try unmatching the transactions and then reallocating them again to see if the status updates.
  • Check for Duplicate Transactions: Ensure that the transactions are not duplicated in the system. If a transaction is duplicated, it might show as unallocated even after being matched.
  • Refresh the system: Try refreshing the system or logging out and logging back in. Sometimes, the system might need a refresh to update the status of the transactions.

These help articles have more information:

Online invoice payments

Matching bank transactions

If the issue persists after following those steps above, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

MaryHa
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi thanks for the response. I did unmatch and then try and rematch the transactions and it did not solve the problem.

I called the call centre who also had no idea what the issue was. It was referred to an expert who then emailed me that the transactions had been downloaded twice when I set up bank feeds. They removed the duplicates which solved the issue.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @MaryHa,

Thank you for the update.

It's good to hear that the issue with the duplicate transactions has been resolved. We appreciate your patience with this. Please be informed that we will be closing this thread now.

If you encounter any more issues or need further assistance, feel free to start a new post again. We're happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post