Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Applying Surcharge

Experienced Cover User

27Posts

63Kudos

0Solutions

27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New
New

So once again I feel that MYOB over complicates things and then doesnt believe it is ever at fault.

Recently I recieved my monthly bill which was a lot higher than normal. Why? Because apparently Bpay isn't included in the Apply Surcharge field. 

Im not sure if my screen shot will show but it clearly aligns Bpay with all other online payments and then the box below says that you can apply a surcharge. 

When questioning MYOB I got the good old "it states it in the terms and conditions" I asked if it looked misleeding and they didnt have an answer. 

I asked to have Bpay removed from a service that is offered but apparently they can't do that either. 

In fact it appears that MYOB can't do a lot of things. This new "Downgrade" that they have applied to everyone I really cant see why they did it. 

Even my accountant has now moved away from MYOB 

Capture.PNG
13 Comments
Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, @Noremac01 thank you for raising your concern.

In terms of MYOB Businesses, it now has the option to charge its consumers a surcharge for using online invoice payments. 

This means that the 1.8% card payment surcharge (for Amex, VISA, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google PayTM, or PayPal) may now be included in a customer invoice. You will still be charged for payments you receive through BPAY because it is not included in this phase.

To know more about this, check this Help Article: Fees and charges for online payments

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Regards,

Hannah

lspa
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

@Noremac01 wrote:

So once again I feel that MYOB over complicates things and then doesnt believe it is ever at fault.

Recently I recieved my monthly bill which was a lot higher than normal. Why? Because apparently Bpay isn't included in the Apply Surcharge field. 

Im not sure if my screen shot will show but it clearly aligns Bpay with all other online payments and then the box below says that you can apply a surcharge. 

When questioning MYOB I got the good old "it states it in the terms and conditions" I asked if it looked misleeding and they didnt have an answer. 

I asked to have Bpay removed from a service that is offered but apparently they can't do that either. 

In fact it appears that MYOB can't do a lot of things. This new "Downgrade" that they have applied to everyone I really cant see why they did it. 

Even my accountant has now moved away from MYOB 

@Hannah_V May you please inform me how to have the surcharge appear on my invoices so the payment and invoice amounts both match!?

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Noremac01

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Apologies for the delay in responding and thank you for bringing your concern to us. We understand that this feature where BPAY will be included in the applied surcharge field is especially important to manage your workflow. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Rest assured that we will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team and the developer’s team monitored your feedback and this will be added in the product roadmap based on feature request. Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist.

Thanks, 
Leneth

lspa
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

@Leneth_A how can I have the surcharge appear on my invoices so that the amount charged matches the invoice total? This is causing a lot of issues for me and my customers.

please advise the proper process I should be using as I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

Adam.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @lspa

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. We thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regarding your question, you may set up a surcharge on your invoices using this Help Article Customer surcharging for online payments. This will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this. If you are paying via BPAY, you will not incur a surcharge fee, however, you will continue to be charged any fees related to the payments received via BPAY.

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

B_ruce
17 Posts
User

Yes @Noremac01 , I can see Bpay in your screenshot. And Yes it is in line with online payments.

"I asked to have Bpay removed from a service that is offered but apparently they can't do that either. "

I also recently asked questions about removing the Bpay option on invoices. But got a vague answer about it and also said they can't remove it.

I have created an idea ticket here about customising the Footer to remove BPAY.

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Business-Essentials-Idea/Invoice-Template-Footer-Customisation/id...

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Ispa,

Thank you for reaching out with your idea for our software. My apologies for the delayed response. We greatly value feedback from our customers, and we appreciate your input. Your suggestion will be carefully considered as we continually work to improve our software and provide the best possible experience for our users. 

If you have any more ideas or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to share and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

B_ruce
17 Posts
User

@Leneth_A , @Hannah_V , @Earl_HD any update on this yet?

We are having customers pay via Bpay, and we can not pass on the fee like cards.

Even if this is not an option, why can't we remove the Bpay option from the invoice template footer?

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @B_ruce

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for getting back to us. We understand the importance of removing this option from the invoice and we thank you for your understanding and continued support. 

As of now, we cannot provide an estimated time for when this idea will be implemented. However, we encourage clients to vote and comment on ideas they would like to see added to the program. The more votes an idea has, the higher the demand and chances of it being implemented. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

Noremac01
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI @Leneth_A and @Earl_HD  and @Hannah_V 

Why does it take MYOB so long to do anything?????

Why not have several checkboxes allowing the payments people want to use. I dont mind anything else except bpay. 

Ive actually even stopped paying my suppliers with bpay and now eft because the fees are way to much for this type of service. 

I dont even understand why it needs to be a % based fee on the work I have done. It should be a flat rate capped at a $1 or something. Bit like a text message. cost the same no matter how many characters you send.