Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: BPay Surcharge

Contributing Cover User

50Posts

70Kudos

1Solutions

50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi MYOB Team,

I can see that this has previously asked by many other users in the "MYOB Community", and whilst they have all been replied to and then "closed" for comment, this hasn't rectified nor made the problem businesses face go away.

Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with MASTERCARD and VISA; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option, right now it is lumped in with Mastercard and VISA.

When we were part of the pilot program this was rarely an issue for us, but since being fully rolled out, regular users now know that by selecting BPAY as their method of payment they can avoid the surcharge fees. Initially after getting stung a few times we had to decide what level of fees we're prepared to cop? As a result we'd chosen to disable the payment feature all together for all "account clients" leaving it only available for Cash Sale Invoices and only if they're less than $500 because whilst this is a great feature the costs associated are NOT!

Kind regards

Suzi

76 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

I understand your frustrations, but depending on what features you need in your accounting software, please do a thorough test of Xero first. MYOB does still have a few features I use all the time that aren't in Xero. Xero does have other things that MYOB doesn't too. So all I'm saying is make sure it also does what you need first. I've seen several posts in the Xero forum saying "I've had enough, I'm going to MYOB" too.  

We are seriously looking at alternatives to MYOB too but have ruled out Xero at this stage.

Emma24
4 Posts
User

Just wondering if the BPAY issue has or will be resolved soon.  I really want to remove that option from our invoices because the fees are way too high.  

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Emma24,

Thanks for your post.

As per checking, I haven't received an update from the developers team if when the option to remove BPay as payment option will be available. However, I was able to relay your concern to them so that they will be notified. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Daveo_perth
4 Posts
User

I had a call from someone at MYOB about my response to a Customer Satisfaction Survey I completed...let's just say that this was the only thing I mentioned to them when they called.  I wasn't shy.  I hope the person at the other end realised my frustration at this and is actively trying to get this STUPID issue dealt with.  If this isn't done soon, it's clearly a financial benefit for MYOB not to turn it off.  I wonder how much of a financial impact it will have when everyone starts walking away altogether!

mscheurer
Experienced User
79 Posts
Experienced User

If we all stopped using online payments, which I have for most part (I forget to turn it off at times) they'd surely notice the abscence of money coming in from the service, perhaps someone in management will take note and ask why and have enough to get something done. 

As it is, the mods, the techs & the coders etc don't give a rats a** what we think. It's the typical Australian mentality, until they go broke and scratch their head wondering why.

I wish they'd call me, I have few ear fulls for them!

Emma24
4 Posts
User

Our business is turning off online payments now unless a customer specifically requests to pay via credit card.  We will however no longer be offering BPAY due to the excessive fees being charged.  So frustrating that we can't just remove the BPAY option from our invoices.