Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

505Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

287 Comments
taslewis
7 Posts
User

Don't worry about implementing, we have given up on the lack of response and have switched to Xero, very disappointed with MYOB in the last 20 years

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @PennyHanley63,

Thank you for your post.

I can totally understand your frustration with this ongoing issue, especially since it has been requested for so long without resolution. It's clear how vital this capability is for your workflow. While I can't promise an immediate solution, your continuous support and feedback on the AccountRight Idea Exchange are crucial. We have a system in place that considers the collective voice of our community members when it comes to prioritizing features for enhancement. The number of votes and support for specific functionalities on our platform significantly influences our decision-making process. Your feedback and participation are crucial in highlighting the features that are in high demand. I'll make sure your feedback regarding the need to attach documents to sales invoices is conveyed directly to our team. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we strive to address this longstanding concern.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us. We're here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @taslewis,

Thank you for your post.

I completely understand your frustration and disappointment after two decades of using our software. It's disheartening when the lack of response or necessary improvements leads to considering alternatives like Xero. Your loyalty over the years means a lot, and I'm genuinely sorry we weren’t able to meet your needs or expectations. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Princess

clintonm
4 Posts
User

LOOKING BACK ON THIS THREAD IS 8YRS OLD AND MYOB HAS DONE NOTHING TO ADD THIS FUNCTION

ALL OTHER BUSINESS SUITES ALLOW YOU TO SAVE THE CUSTOMER PO AGAINST YOU SALE .... BUT NO NOT MYOB 

SUCH A BASIC FUNCTION MISSING

FCHOICE
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It's getting quite ridiculous now, I've been monitoring this specific thread since it was first opened. MYOB is now getting to a point where the functionality in comparison to other similar softwares is very very limited.

I'll most likely be cancelling my subscription to MYOB and moving over to Quickbooks. The fact that I've put up with MYOB for so long and the idea that I can streamline my invoicing so easily with other sofwares is quite concerining. Something as simple as out-tray for invoices to attach timesheets or supporting documentation has still not been implemented in MYOB. As a beginner software engineer myself, I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented, along with so many other features that would be so quick and easy to implement.

Thank you MYOB for the services provided over the years but I think it's time to upgrade.

AlanaR501
1 Post
User

This function is absolutely necessary as working from home becomes more common and for remote bookkeeping services.  There's only one other option at present and MYOB will be losing customers due to this lack of function.  I've already had an accountant tell me that Xero is outstandingly better for remote management..., being able to attach files to ANY transaction, and for approvals of invoices.   PLEASE HURRY AND GET THIS SORTED ASAP. 

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

There is a way to attach Sales documents, but it's clumsy and a pain.

The ability to add Sales docs in the Desktop version is unlikely to be added as this feature is available in the appalling web version, so it's a trade off if you use and prefer the much better by far functionality of the Desktop version. 

So, at the end of your Desktop session > Open in web browser > Sales > Invoices (Order/Quote) > Open Sales doc > Scroll down and attach document

The documents can only be accessed via the online version, so switching between Desktop and online is a pill, and be warned, if you've never used Essentials or the web browser version before, it is truly agricultural, woeful to navigate and use, nothing like Desktop version at all. 

Check photo captions for Step #s

Step 1Step 1

Step 2Step 2

Step 3Step 3

Step 4Step 4Step 4Step 4