Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Automatically match bank transactions to MYOB bills and invoices

Hi,

after your recent platform update, we lost the Automatically match bank transactions to MYOB bills and invoices. we got this option ticket but we still have to manually go to each transaction and match it manually 

we have bill for the exact amount and date but it only shows the possible match and doses do not automatically match but the previous version was machining automatically.  

any chance to bring the auto-matching back? 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ibrahim1 

Thanks for your post. A bank transaction and MYOB transaction are matched if they have the same date and amount and the MYOB transaction is the correct type (such as Spend Money). It seems from your screenshot that the date of the bank transaction is 25/11/2022 and the purchase transaction recorded in your software was 14/11/2022. The other reason for it not to auto-match would be if there are identical transactions in the software. 

Instead, you would match this transaction by click Possible match found to view the possible matches.

ibrahim1
      User

Hi Yanike,

the issue date is the 14 but the due date is the 25/11/2022, however, I did change the issue date as well but still not automatically matching and there is NO other transaction for the same amount or date 

thanks 

Sarah0904
        User

I am having the same issue. I don't understand why I have to click "allocate me" and then "match transaction". The old version used to tell you when the paid amount matched a bill immediately from the main screen. No clicking into the transaction. Very frustrating

yobers
      Trusted User

It's unfortunate that the auto-matching feature has been changed. Now it results in more time spent trying to match transactions, which is counter-productive. The purchase date on the bill doesn't always match the date of bank transaction... sometimes it may take a day or so to appear on the bank statement and as a result has a different date. The auto-matching used to show results of the same amount regardless of the pruchase date, and it was much quicker and easier. It would be appreciated if this feature was brought back asap.