Forum Discussion

WhiskST
Contributing User
12 days ago

Automatically sending invoice after job completion

Hi there,

I want to be able to automatically send an invoice after the job has been completed. Can you assist with this?

I understand there is an option in preference to send an invoice after a sales is recorded, however, we don't "record" invoices. Instead we close an order by changing the status to invoice and print. This does not prompt to send an invoice. 

Problem is we are missing sending invoices to certain customers and want something to assist us. Not every customer requires a digital copy.

2 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WhiskST,

I know it can be a bit confusing with some customers wanting invoices emailed and others not. You can customize your settings so the application either prints or emails invoices automatically after creation. Alternatively, you can go to each customer card and specify whether their invoices should be emailed, printed, or both. Check out the article 'Email, SMS or Print Sales' for detailed instructions on setting this up in your file.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks,
    Genreve

WhiskST
      Contributing User

Thanks Genreve,

The above works for order generation. However the functions are not served when you convert the order into an invoice and print the invoice. Only on completion is the invoice required to be sent with the payment applied.

Any other suggestions?