Invoice matching

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TreasurerRMD
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invoice matching

Hi team,

I have set up online invoicing (MYOB Essentials) and have just sent out a batch of circa 75 separate invoices. Customers are starting to pay, which is good. But the payments are coming through as bulk amounts on my bank statement -  which makes matching almost impossible. Can someone help? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Invoice matching

Hi @TreasurerRMD

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Community Forum. 

Since the bank feeds show as bulk payments then you need to record the payments on the application as bulk too. Here is a Help Article Making electronic payments that will guide you through the steps.

Also, here is a Help Article Online invoice payments in case you are using MYOB Payby. 

If you have any other questions or need further assistance feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

TreasurerRMD
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve,

Unfortuntely this does not help me because the bulk anount coming through the bank statement needs to be allocated to different ledger accounts. 

MYOB does not provide a breakdown on the bulk amount. Neither does the bank. So I am stuck because of the  invoices I have sent out, I don't have a report that tells me which ones make up the bulk amount on the bank statement.

Thoughts? Thank you.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @TreasurerRMD

Thanks for the response. 

If you are currently using the MYOB Payby or Online Invoice Payment there is a report that can tell you what transactions make up for the bulk payments. Here is the Help Article Online invoice payments that would guide you to the steps on how to reconcile these transactions.

Let us know if you still run into trouble. 

Cheers,

Genreve

TreasurerRMD
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Genreve_S , many thanks for this. The report is very useful thank you.

My issue now is that I unmatched all the transactions I previously matched so I can start again using the report above, and when I go to rematch invoice receipts they are not showing up in my list of invoices/invoice receipts to match. 

Do you know how I can fix this this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @TreasurerRMD.

Thank you for responding. 

Although undoing matched transactions unlinks the transaction from the bank feed transaction it was connected to.  If the transaction was already reconciled or marked in the reconcile accounts window it wont show up under bank transaction window as a possible match. I would much recommend undoing previous reconciliation and unmarking these transactions under reconcile accounts that you unmatched then try again to match them under bank transactions window. 

If you encounter any issues or have any other questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.

TreasurerRMD
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Genreve_S , many thanks for this. I think I am almost there. I was able to unmatch and reallocate all but my last transaction as you sugested.

On my last transaction (made up of multiple invoice receitpts), I could only see the 1.8% surcharge in the Bank Reconciliation screen and not the base amount of the invoice. This means I coukd not allocate this last transaction.

I've tried filtering the data by refernce instead of date but can't seem to find it. If I go to find my transactions screen I can definitely see it though.

Would you be able to help here? Thank you so much.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post