cannot enter minus figures on the new lay our invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KI_Guide
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

cannot enter minus figures on the new lay our invoices

Hi there,

since yesterday (myob updated the program with a facelift) i cannot enter "minus figure on the tax invoice.

Let me explain:

I'm taking some deposit at the time of the booking for the tours I'm providing and then  few weeks before the tour I'm invoicing the cost of the tour MINUS the $200 deposit already paid. 

So I used to send a $200 invoice for the $200 deposit payment and then I will send later on the cost of the tour "MINUS" the $200 already paid.

The problem is that now on the invoice I cannot put the "-$200" deposit already paid on the last line of the invoice.

Any advices?

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 3.03.34 pm.png
1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: cannot enter minus figures on the new lay our invoices

Hi @KI_Guide 

Thank you for your post. The option to type a - into that field is not there because it's not possible to sell an item where the value of the item is less than zero, that would mean you are selling something for a negative amount.

The way to do a credit and a debit on the same invoice would be to put -1 on the 'No of units' field, instead of the 'Unit price' field.

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post