Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: ABA file generation for Supplier payments

2Posts

118Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

Good Afternoon

I just came accross this with a client and couldn't believe that this feature was available.  

Our client is on MYOB Essentials and wanted to create an ABA file for bills being paid today.  As this has  been implemented for Payroll it seems only natural that this would be done for supplier invoices as well.

This needs to be implemented as soon as possible as it is very difficult to recommend a client to move to MYOB Essentials when there is no ABA file creation for payments to be made.  This client operates using a Mac so they are limited with MYOB online offerings.  

Regards

Bianca Middleton

"ABA file generation for Bills in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow users to set up and make supplier payments using a bank file (ABA file).

Check out Help Article: Paying suppliers and employees electronically for more information.

55 Comments
gleakk
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

I have a client using AR, and when I took on a new client who uses Essentials I was shocked to find I couldn't create aba files for supplier payments. My client can't afford to upgrade to AR, but this is so big an issue we are looking at other software options. If it can be done for payroll, I see no reason it shouldn't be available for supplier payments.

Fibi8
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

This feature is essential (pardon the pun).  If it can be done for payroll - surely it can be done for suppliers.  I have a few clients that will not transfer to MYOB due to this.

KateyCoates
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a question I now ask client if they want and if so I suggest other software. In this new cloud environment some things are just a must!!

hermitude
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Couldn't agree more. Your post was over 3 years ago. What is MYOB doing? You need to catch up. 

Punky80
2 Posts
User

I have just signed our company up to MYOB essential and have now found 2 things it doesn't seem to be able to do that are important to us and could be the difference of us not continuing to use the program.

1. not being able to handle Long Service Leave accruals

2. Paying suppliers via ABA (This is a must as will save a lot of time and human error

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this happened yet?

hermitude
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

@mitch63MYOB are hopeless, though I would love to be proven wrong- there are posts going back years requesting basic improvements that they still have not implemented. It has not happened to my knowledge.

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I know just how hopeless they are, I was one of the AccountEdge refugees that were strung along for months with the promise of an update to suit the Apple Catalina upgrade before being dumped at the last minute.. 

tanianorton
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I have just upgraded to Essentials as MYOB no longer support AccountEdge. I feel like I am going backwards with no Electronic Payment of bills.

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I know, right? It can't be that hard.. I'm getting sick of having to set payment terms for EVERY single supplier invoice in enter- rather than setting the terms in the contact card too, along with a few other things that are so 2010......