Pay Run Allocated to the wrong Account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
fgc
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Pay Run Allocated to the wrong Account

Hello 

Our payroll officer has allocated several pay runs to the account that is not actually transacting the funds. This means Bank Account Reconciliations will not balance as the Electronic Payment is lodged against the incorrect account. 

What is the process of rectification? 

1 REPLY 1
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Pay Run Allocated to the wrong Account

Hi @fgc 

Thank you for your post. May I extend a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

There are a few options that I can give you. First is Transferring between accounts. Recording a transfer money transaction just moves the net amount from the incorrect bank account to the correct one. In the Bank feeds window you'll need a transfer money transaction for each bank feed transaction. So if the wages appear as individual withdrawals in the Bank feeds window you will need to record individual transfer money transactions.

Another is to reprocess the payroll transactions by reversing them so that you can choose the correct account when processing the electronic payments.

If you need to know which one is better, I would suggest reaching out to your accountant for advise as well. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post