Forum Discussion

17 days ago

paying into wrong super account

Hi everyone,

I need some help please (also why isn't there a number to chat with someone at MYOB??). I work for myself and have just started as a company instead of a sole trader, so a lot of this is new to me. 

I thought I had set up super payments correctly. I have it listed my super fund (Future Super) as the only super fund in the payroll settings and the little box that says "pay using PaySuper" is ticked, but each time I have gone to do the super payments, it ends up sending payment to SuperChoice (the default).

How do I get it to pay my own super? I followed all the instructions and I have no idea why it isn't paying to my super fund. It's really annoying!!!!!

Thank you!

• Hi Camilla_helpme,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Seems like you have done everything correctly by listing Future Super as the only super fund in the payroll settings and ticking the "pay using Pay Super" box. The payments going to Super Choice are expected behavior, as it is part of the clearing process. 

You don't need to worry as long as you have selected Future Super as your super fund and linked it to your card file. When you process superannuation payments through Pay Super, the payments initially go to SuperChoice, which is a clearing house used by MYOB. SuperChoice then disperses the funds to the respective superannuation funds registered for each employee, including Future Super. This process ensures that your super contributions are correctly allocated to the designated super funds.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Camilla_helpme,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Seems like you have done everything correctly by listing Future Super as the only super fund in the payroll settings and ticking the "pay using Pay Super" box. The payments going to Super Choice are expected behavior, as it is part of the clearing process. 

You don't need to worry as long as you have selected Future Super as your super fund and linked it to your card file. When you process superannuation payments through Pay Super, the payments initially go to SuperChoice, which is a clearing house used by MYOB. SuperChoice then disperses the funds to the respective superannuation funds registered for each employee, including Future Super. This process ensures that your super contributions are correctly allocated to the designated super funds.

Cheers,

Princess

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hey Camilla_helpme,

No worries! If you encounter any issues in the future, don't hesitate to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

• You've set everything up correctly! When you use PaySuper, the payments will initially go to SuperChoice as part of the clearing process. SuperChoice acts as a clearing house and will then distribute the funds to the correct superannuation funds, including Future Super. Hope! it will also helpful.