Forum Discussion

TrudiMBBSH
Trusted Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Payroll Settings - Default Superannuation

Today I went into look at my default superannuation fund in Payroll Settings before I start with sending out Employee Self Onboarding requests to some new employees.  When I hit "Save" it flagged that the WPN number needed to have "00" at the start?

I have an ABN and as far as I can see don't need a WPN.  I have used MYOB since before the ABN's were issued and transferred to MYOB Essentials from AccountEdge a couple of years back.  It is possible that the WPN was a remnant from that transfer. To date all payments to the fund have worked perfectly but it was only when I tried to save the Default Super Fund that it doesn't accept the WPN that has always been there.

I use STP2 and have an ABN, I solved the problem by copying the WPN and putting it in Notes in case I need it and then deleting it from the Superannuation Fund details and then I could save and go on to other things.  

Just curious, I tried just typing to '00' at the beginning of the numbers but that didn't work.

• Hi TrudiMBBSH 

Thank you for your post. 

I would recommend clearing your browser cache first, log out and log back in to the account or try different browser.

In MYOB Business you won't be able to set up your business if you only have a WPN, it requires to have a ABN. If you have made this resolved by entering the WPN again and can continue with your business work you don't need to make changes and put "00" at the start. In the Payroll settings >> General payroll information the WPN field should be blank.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TrudiMBBSH 

Thank you for your post. 

I would recommend clearing your browser cache first, log out and log back in to the account or try different browser.

In MYOB Business you won't be able to set up your business if you only have a WPN, it requires to have a ABN. If you have made this resolved by entering the WPN again and can continue with your business work you don't need to make changes and put "00" at the start. In the Payroll settings >> General payroll information the WPN field should be blank.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

TrudiMBBSH
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you, in the business settings on MYOB I don't have a section for a WPN but do on the Payroll Settings.

I am guessing I don't because I have an ABN so there is no need for the WPN in Business Settings?

I have left the WPN blank in Payroll Settings > General Payroll Settings, now.

Thankyou for your reply.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TrudiMBBSH 

Thank you for the response.

MYOB Business requires ABN to set up your business and you don't need to include your WPN in the payroll settings. In the Business setting it will ask for your ABN only.

Cheers, 

Princess