ALLOCATING A JOB NAME TO TRANSACTION AFTER RECONCILIATION

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Possum2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

ALLOCATING A JOB NAME TO TRANSACTION AFTER RECONCILIATION

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a work around for allocating a job name after reconciliation? When I allocate a job name to a reconciled transaction the transaction is then unreconciled.  I bookkeep for a NFP and allocate a job name to donations for special purpose, so that I can easily identify what I need to transfer to a different account and also for reporting purposes.   I have fixed the issue now by updating my recurring transaction, but would like to know in case it crops up again.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: ALLOCATING A JOB NAME TO TRANSACTION AFTER RECONCILIATION

Hi @Possum2

Thanks for posting. 

My understanding is that you are editing the invoice by putting in job numbers, then under bank transactions that transaction unmatches itself. 

Generally, we complete all information then record the invoice. This ensures that when we finish allocating/matching and reconciling accounts we wouldn't need to edit anything. Here is a Help Article Jobs to know more information how to handle jobs. 

If you have any questions or need further assistance feel free to reply to this thread. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Possum2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Re: ALLOCATING A JOB NAME TO TRANSACTION AFTER RECONCILIATION

Thank you Genreve.  Lesson learned.  I will add this to my end of month checklist.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post