Deleting Contact

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shooby
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deleting Contact

I need some assistance in deleting a contact that has not been used in a very long time, however when I attempt to delete it tells me : You can't delete this contact because it's been used on transactions.  It is an energy company that changed names years ago.  Whenever I import an invoice from the new company it automatically selects the old company even though I have changed the name of the contact totally and made it inactive.  Can anyone help resolve this annoying problem or is it just another thing I have to learn to live with now?

1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Deleting Contact

Hi @Shooby 

Thanks for your post. As you have used this contact in a transaction you can't delete them, only deactivate: Deactivating and reactivating a customer or supplier.

If you import invoices via the InTray the system will read the ABN listed on the document and look at the ones listed on your supplier cards to determine the supplier's card. I would recommend adjust or removing the ABN number in your old card.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post