Duplicate entry in GL

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
christy55
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Duplicate entry in GL

Hi,

I posted a General Journal for 4 lines. When I went into the Journal Entries Report. It is showing 4 lines.

But this Journal is showing 6 lines in the General Ledger report  with 2 duplicate lines.

Is it a glitch?

Because of this, the GL and Trial balance do not match. Is there a way to fix this please?

Thanks

Christy

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Duplicate entry in GL

Hi Christy (@christy55)

The General Ledger report should show the same amount of lines as the Journal you created. The General Ledger report and the Trial Balance won't necessarily match as the Trial Balance is ran as of a singular date, where the General Ledger is run for a period. So if you run them both for month of September, the Trial Balance Report will show the YTD amounts wheras the General Ledger will only show the September amounts. (For more on these reports refer to our Help Article: Business reports

As you mentioned looking back on the Journal it looks correct, I recommend clearing the browser cache files - this is something that Essentials uses, and by refreshing it can resolve some odd behaviour: How to refresh your browser's cache.

If after trying that it is still showing incorrectly on the reports, to help me investigate further could you please take a screenshot of the Journal and attach that along with the reports in your reply?   

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post