Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Exporting transaction data to excel

Am I missing something - I just want to export transaction data to a csv file.  Ideally I just want to use the "find transactions" function (from Banking) but then have an Export option or something that gives me that option.  The nearest I could find was the General Ledger Report where if I "Expand" it gives me the transactions but then the rows look like the actual report with blank rows and heading data. 

Cheers

Andrew

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Andrew (AndrewGGC)

If you would like to export the information without the added format that happens when you export it as a report there is 2 options:

• On that same Find Transaction window - right-click in the table and choose "Copy List to Clipboard", then open a blank worksheet and paste the information.
    • Under File > Import/Export Assistant - there will be an option to export some data in a CSV format.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

AndrewGGC
      User

Neither of the suggestions are available options.  Using the Find Transaction - when I right click there is no option to "copy to Clipboard" and the Export data option in the Import/Export menu only provides export options to Accountant data - none ofwhich is useful.

Any ideas??

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AndrewGGC 

Thank you for the post and I'm happy to assist you with this. Are you referring to exporting reports into CSV file? If that's the case, we only have excel. You can download the excel file, open the file then save as and change the file format to CSV.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Sai