Searching PO against a Job number?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Luke_Rigg
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

59Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Searching PO against a Job number?

Why cant i search a Purchase Order that has been allocated to a Job?

If i do a repeat Job 2 years down the track, i need to be able to see who, what, & where i purchased materials off.

Why is there no column to search a Job number when viewing Purchase Orders??? Is there a setting somehwere?

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Searching PO against a Job number?

Hi @Luke_Rigg 

Jobs are assigned to transactional lines, not invoices/purchases as a whole. Windows like the Invoices/Bills or Find transactions, typically look at the transaction as a whole not the individual line components therefore you wouldn't be able to search by job for those windows.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Luke_Rigg
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

59Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thats crazy. I would have thought because you can add the Job number in the PO, it would be searchable?

Really something MYOB should look into. Thats a REALLY important thing for traceability.

I'll give PO's a miss. Thanks anyway.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Luke_Rigg 

Jobs are assigned to transactional lines, not invoices/purchases as a whole. Windows like the Invoices/Bills or Find transactions, typically look at the transaction as a whole not the individual line components therefore you wouldn't be able to search by job for those windows.

we would like this option as well...in MYOB premier we used to be able to allocate a purchase to a job.....not in essentials sadly Man Frustrated

Luke_Rigg
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

59Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

The thing is, you CAN allocate a purchase to a job number, but you cant search the purchase orders allocated job number! Thats nuts! You have to be able see later on down the track who and what you purchsed from for that particular job!

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Luke_Rigg wrote:

The thing is, you CAN allocate a purchase to a job number, but you cant search the purchase orders allocated job number! Thats nuts! You have to be able see later on down the track who and what you purchsed from for that particular job!

we have a similar thing where we have to go back to older invoices to find how much we billed a client for hardware and the only way is to search every invoice which is time consuming rather than be able top search for a particular word or hardware. 

Luke_Rigg
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

59Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thats the other thing! Not being able to search Invoices by their description. Annoying huh?

These problems we have are definately a ploy to upgrade our subscriptions. I cant justify paying 3 times more though. I'd go with Xero before i did that. Im getting close thats for sure...

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Luke_Rigg wrote:

Thats the other thing! Not being able to search Invoices by their description. Annoying huh?

These problems we have are definately a ploy to upgrade our subscriptions. I cant justify paying 3 times more though. I'd go with Xero before i did that. Im getting close thats for sure...

we cant even use reoccurring sales because they havent upgraded our file and its on hold apparently...but they keep upping our subscriptionMan Frustrated

Luke_Rigg
Experienced User
59 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

59Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Good hey Smiley Very Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search