importing items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ThomEdwards
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

importing items

just trying to find out if i need to enter anything into the coloumn use description on invoice when im importing items, if i want hat used 

3 REPLIES 3
Carolinadg
MYOB Staff
38 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

38Posts

2Kudos

4Solutions

Re: importing items

Hi @ThomEdwards 

If you want the descriptions on invoices to always be "hat" when an item is selected then you will need to enter a description when importing items and select "Use item description on sales and purchases". 

If the descriptionmof the item often changes or you don't need one then this can be left empty when importing. 

Hope this answers your question. 

Regards, 

Carolina

David2022
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: importing items with descriptions

I am bulk importing items into MYOB using the Import Assistant & template.  I am completing the Desciption field.  What value do I need to put in the "Use Desc. on Invoice" field for it to tick the checkbox in the Item Details section of MYOB?  If have used X, Y & Blank so far - no luck....

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,274 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,274Posts

111Kudos

256Solutions

Re: importing items with descriptions

Hi @ThomEdwards  and @David2022 

Thank you so much for you post. To import and invoice template to MYOB you'll need to open the AccountRight company file you want to import the data into. Go to the File menu and choose Import/Export Assistant.
Import the prepared template

1 Choose the type of data you're importing.

2 Click Browse, select your import template then click Open.

3 Click Next.

This help article will give you more information using an import template : Using an import template / Import and export fields

Kind Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post