transaction list by contact

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Leigh_P
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

transaction list by contact

I have difficulty searching for a transaction by a specific supplier. Can you suggest which report I can use to search for payments I made to a specific contact? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: transaction list by contact

Hi @Leigh_P 

Thanks for your post. The Supplier transactions report displays all bills, payments and debit transactions. Search by a specific supplier by clicking on Suppliers and selecting the required supplier, click on the expand arrow to display all transactions. You can also click on the ID No of a transaction to open that transaction. The Supplier transactions report is in Reporting>>Reports>>Purchases.

image.png

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Leigh_P
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply. That report only seems to show a random selection of suppliers even though I have selected 'all' suppliers and the desired date range. It doesn't show me every transaction by supplier I have recorded in MYOB.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Leigh_P 

Can you send me a screenshot of that report and a transaction you expect to see displayed so that I can assist further.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Leigh_P
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

When I run both of the attached reports it only seems to show transactions that have been entered as bills. When I have run each of the attached reports I have searched for Coles Supermarkets. They are transactions that were paid with a credit card which I allocated on Bank Transactions. I can't find a report that brings up a list of all the transactions to Coles Supermarkets. Thanks for your help.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 075304.png
Screenshot 2022-11-14 075529.png
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Leigh_P 

When you allocate a withdrawal bank transaction a Spend money transaction is automatically recorded. Only transactions entered through Purchases (Bills, Bill payments) are included in the supplier reports. This means that Spend money transactions will not appear in the supplier reports.

You would need to run the Account transactions report to view Spend money transactions. Select Accrual as the Accounting method then click on Report options to filter by a specific contact. Click on Transaction type to filter by a specific transaction type. This report will default to show both the debit and credit for each transaction, you can select to filter by specific account(s) in Report options. For example, selecting the bank or credit card account will only display the credit side of the transaction.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Leigh_P
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. Can I confirm is this way of running a report a consolidation of bill sand spend money payments or just the spend money transactions?

'You would need to run the Account transactions report to view Spend money transactions. Select Accrual as the Accounting method then click on Report options to filter by a specific contact. Click on Transaction type to filter by a specific transaction type. This report will default to show both the debit and credit for each transaction, you can select to filter by specific account(s) in Report options. For example, selecting the bank or credit card account will only display the credit side of the transaction.'

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Leigh_P 

In the Account transactions report you can select multiple transaction types by clicking on Transaction type, so you can filter by Spend money, Bill and Bill payment transactions. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Leigh_P
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

When I use the Account Transaction Report and select a specific contact (supplier) it brings up a report for that supplier but it's broken down into account codes so for instance. Can I make show me a list of each transaction rather and then select that transaction to check which accounts it was split into?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Leigh_P 

As explained previously the Account Transactions report will display both the debit and credit sides of the transactions. You can filter by specific accounts in Report options. In this example I have selected the Business bank account and Credit card in the Account filter and Coles in the Contacts filter. Clicking on the expand arrow lists the transactions posted to those specific accounts. Clicking on the ID number will open the transaction to see the allocation accounts.

image.png

Your other option is to enter all purchases as Bills, you can then use the supplier reports.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post