14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Possible migration from MYOB AccountRight Plus to MYOB Business Pro

Hi, I currently have 3 company files using MYOB AccountRight Plus, I have been advised of subscrition price increase from April 2024 due to removal of discounts. With an additional 2 companies possibly going on board I have no choice than to seek a less expensive plan.  One company has payroll with 5 employees, others have no payroll, need bank feeds, Tracking income & expenses, STP2, BAS & GST reporting, no inventory, no billing customers.

I would think MYOB Business Pro and Lite would be appropriate.

With AccountRight Plus subscription going to $141pm and and Business Pro $58, can you please advise -

1. why such a big difference in price of subscription 

2. advantages and disadvantages of migrating to Business Pro

3. Is the migration process assisted by MYOB support team. 

3 REPLIES 3
Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Possible migration from MYOB AccountRight Plus to MYOB Business Pro

Hi, @tonyr2. Thank you for your post.

The difference in price between MYOB AccountRight Plus and Business Pro is primarily due to the different features and capabilities each plan offers. AccountRight Plus is designed for larger businesses that require a powerful desktop and web app, with features such as advanced inventory features, and time billing. On the other hand, Business Pro is a more simplified solution, which is 100% web-based and does not require any downloads.

In terms of migrating to Business Pro, there are both advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include the lower cost and the simplicity of a web-based solution. However, there are certain features that are not available in Business Pro, such as category tracking. If you have used these functions in AccountRight, this information will not be migrated.

As for the migration process, MYOB does provide support. The migration is included in your subscription and MYOB aims to provide you with your migrated data within seven business days after you submit your file to MYOB Migration Services. However, please note that certain data such as customised forms and reports are not migrated. If an issue arises which impacts MYOB's ability to migrate your file in this timeframe, they will contact you as soon as possible to let you know.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information. 

Cheers,    

Hannah

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

tombrownjohn
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have the same situation, 3 company files each on an AccountRightPlus subscription. The BusinessPro product appears to have all the features we use as our companies are so large and requirements not complex. We cannot find any clear instructions as to how we initiate/request a migration from AccountRight to BusinessPro.

@Hannah_V wrote:

Hi, @tonyr2. Thank you for your post.

The difference in price between MYOB AccountRight Plus and Business Pro is primarily due to the different features and capabilities each plan offers. AccountRight Plus is designed for larger businesses that require a powerful desktop and web app, with features such as advanced inventory features, and time billing. On the other hand, Business Pro is a more simplified solution, which is 100% web-based and does not require any downloads.

In terms of migrating to Business Pro, there are both advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include the lower cost and the simplicity of a web-based solution. However, there are certain features that are not available in Business Pro, such as category tracking. If you have used these functions in AccountRight, this information will not be migrated.

As for the migration process, MYOB does provide support. The migration is included in your subscription and MYOB aims to provide you with your migrated data within seven business days after you submit your file to MYOB Migration Services. However, please note that certain data such as customised forms and reports are not migrated. If an issue arises which impacts MYOB's ability to migrate your file in this timeframe, they will contact you as soon as possible to let you know.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information. 

Cheers,    

Hannah

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @tombrownjohn,

Thanks for your post and patience in waiting for a response.

Welcome to the Community forum!

To initiate the migration process from MYOB AccountRight Plus to MYOB Business Pro, you need to have an active MYOB Business Pro subscription. Once you have this, you can fill out the migration form available on our website. Our migration team will then take over the process.

Please feel free to reach out if you require further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post