Forum Discussion

22 days ago
Solved

Leave Accruals

One of our team members has just changed from casual to permanent full time.  It's been about a month and we just realised that their leave accruals were not ticked on and therefore not accruing.

How do I go back and update this to reflect what they have accrued to date accurately?

• Hi Walrus38,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If an employee was changed from casual to permanent, and he will now accrue leave accruals, the entitlements need to be ticked on their card file. If not, you can manually calculate the entitlements accrued by the employee. Once you're able to identify the number of hours accrued, you will now need to process a pay run with only the entitlements hours accrued. Before doing this, make sure to tick the entitlement so that it will show when processing pay run. This pay run allows you stay on track and have and audit trail of what has been added to your employee's card.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Walrus38,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If an employee was changed from casual to permanent, and he will now accrue leave accruals, the entitlements need to be ticked on their card file. If not, you can manually calculate the entitlements accrued by the employee. Once you're able to identify the number of hours accrued, you will now need to process a pay run with only the entitlements hours accrued. Before doing this, make sure to tick the entitlement so that it will show when processing pay run. This pay run allows you stay on track and have and audit trail of what has been added to your employee's card.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Walrus38
      User

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will test this out.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Walrus38,

Don't hesitate to start a new post if you have any more questions or need further assistance. We're here to help, and one of us will be more than happy to assist you promptly. Your inquiries are always welcome!

Regards,
        Earl