Forum Discussion

bug1
Contributing User
2 months ago
Solved

Leave entitlements wrong

Hi;

I have a problem with leave entitlements accrual calculating an incorrect value.

The employee in question accrued 4.67 hours Annual Leave in the last 'good' pay (- original attachment);

The next pay they accrued 21.1h leave for 52.5 hours worked and 7.5h leave without pay (F1);

The latest pay they accrued 14.7h leave for 52.5 hours worked and 7.5h leave without pay (F2);

The problem correlates with me adding an 'Unpaid leave' category (i thought i followed a guide), but it also effected the other employee in the F1 week only. They didn't have an 'Unpaid leave' event, but it correlates with a 'Paid Public Holiday'.

The 'Paid Public Holiday' has the box ticked for 'Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details', but the 'Unpaid leave' category doesn't.

Not sure if i made unintentional changes to 'Paid Public Holiday' when i was adding 'Unpaid leave', or what else i might have done.

Appreciate any thoughts

Thanks

• The solution was to add travel as an exemption for leave entitlements based on hours.

3 Replies

bug1
    Contributing User

I think i should have added a 'Leave exemption' for the newly created 'Unpaid leave' (Payroll->Pay Items->Leave->Annual leave Part time hourly)

I also might have triggered a bug others had mentioned as hours worked was reduced from 7.6 to 7.5 per day in the timesheet, which i didnt change in the employees 'Payroll details'

bug1
      Contributing User

Oh my, i worked out what i did wrong.

Employees also get paid a travel allowance based on km travelled.

I used to calculate the travel allowance total with calculator app (multiply by $/km) and added that calculated total to the payrun, the last two payruns i have been adding the km travelled in the hours column and letting MYOB workout the total.

MYOB was adding the km travelled to the total hours used when calculating leave entitlements.

:smileyembarrassed:

bug1
        Contributing User

The solution was to add travel as an exemption for leave entitlements based on hours.