5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll YTD verification doesn't match Payroll summary report

I'm in the process of finalising payroll for a sole trader who has changed to PTY LTD structure from 1/02/24.

In the sole trader myob file the Payroll YTD verifcation report 'Total salary and wages' $value is $50 less than the 'Payroll summary report' salary and wages' $value. 

This is due to an employee reimursement of $50 which is set up as "not reportable" for the ATO reporting category.

Can I still complete the EOPY?  Or do both reports need to be the same $value.

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Re: Payroll YTD verification doesn't match Payroll summary report

Hi @Anna18,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delayed response.

In terms of completing EOFY, it's important to ensure that your payroll reports are accurate. It's recommended to reconcile your payroll figures prior to submitting the STP finalization to the ATO. Wages categories with the ATO reporting category set as NOT Reportable will be excluded from the STP report. In order to verify the accuracy of your year-to-date (YTD) figures, it's crucial to align them with the data from your payroll register report. This report serves as the primary source of data for the ATO's Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Anna18
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply Princess_R,

I have compared the Payroll Register report to the Year to Date verification report as per your suggestion.

The Payroll Register report "Salary and wages total" is $72,893.70 and is still $50 more than the YTD "Total STP taxable wages" which is $72,843.70.

The $50 on the Payroll Register is an Employee Reimbursement (of which the pay item is set to Not Reportable)

and this, rightly so, is not on the YTD verification report.   All other payroll transactions are correct.

How do I adjus the Payroll Register report to match the YTD verification report?

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Anna18,

Thank you for your response.

Apologies for the delayed response. The figures submitted to the ATO will align with ATO reporting categories. Categories that are not reportable won't appear on your year-to-date (YTD) verification report. Under the EOFY Finalization tab, against the employee name, there are three dots that will show the individual summary payments as a breakdown of other pay items that are not reported as gross payments. If you add these gross YTDs to the verification report, everything should match.

As long as your payroll transactions report is accurate, you're good to go and can wrap up your End of Financial Year (EOFY) tasks.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post