Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Superannuation Payment

Hi, 

We have processed the 2nd Quarter of Superannuation October to December paid in MYOB with status completed.  We have had an employee's payment returned and for some reason I now have the entire payment sitting back in Pay Superannuation. 

Should I be clicking on this payment and selecting Manage Payments and Edit to Reverse Superannuation? Does this work and could you please step me through the next steps of process as I only want to pay one employees superannuation through to his super fund as all others are correct??

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Superannuation Payment

Hi @Sand3977,

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand your need for guidance on recording returned contributions. I recommend going through the article 'Returned Superannuation Contributions' which provides a detailed step-by-step process for recording these contributions.

However, currently, there isn't an option to remove the negative payment under the manage payment window. This is because the system currently doesn't have this feature. I encourage you to support the suggestion to add this feature to the system on the Ideas Exchange board. This will help us prioritize it for future updates.

If you need further clarification or assistance, please feel free to ask. We're here to help!

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

Sand3977
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi I now have this superannuation sitting back in the Pay superannuation section is this correct, I have tried to reverse superannuation but I am not sure if it is working?

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,535 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,535Posts

67Kudos

125Solutions

Hi @Sand3977,

Thank you for letting us know. Since the transaction is still sitting in the pay superannuation, is the reverse successful? If yes, record the successful paid to pay liabilities, and you need to reprocess the returned. Reversing superannuation payments (myob.com) has detailed information and instructions to assist you with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Sand3977
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This is what I am unsure about,  In Manage Payments the status is complete, however it is still sitting in Pay  Superannuation?

Sand3977
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

If the payment status is completed, however for some reason the entire superannuation amoutnt is back in Pay superannuation and there is only 1 employees superannuation that needs to be repaid, how do I do this?

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @Sand3977,

Thanks for reaching out.

Referring to the Help article titled "Reversing Superannuation Payments," the recommended course of action is to reverse the entire pay-super transaction. After reversal, you can then proceed to reprocess the successfully paid super payment via "Pay liabilities" and handle the unsuccessful super payments via the "Pay Super Window." It's important to note that once a super payment is reversed, it will still be visible in the Manage Payments window. Could you kindly share the specific steps you've taken so far? This will help me provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Feel free to respond if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Sand3977
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

Once it is reversed does it still appear as completed in Manage Payments section?

I have 

1.  Paid the 2nd Quarter superannuation 

2. One payment out of 86 has been returned to bank 

3. Whatever I have done the entire payment is now sitting back in Pay superannuation, appearing like it hasn't been paid.  It is still appearing as completed in Manage Payments.

4. Do I need to repocess the incorrect one?

5. What happens with the other amounts sitting in there? How do they disappear or do they stay there?

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @Sand3977,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Once a super payment is reversed, it will indeed show as "reversal completed" under the Manage Payments section. Regarding your inquiry about reprocessing incorrect payments, if the amount shown in the Pay Super window reflects successful super payments, you'll need to reprocess these via Pay Liabilities. However, if the amount displayed in the Pay Super window is for incorrect super payments only, you'll only need to process these payments via the Pay Super window. Once the incorrect payments are appropriately reprocessed, the remaining amounts should automatically disappear from the Pay Superannuation section.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post