Forum Discussion

ann75
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

leave not accruing for paid leave days

Hi,

Can someone please help with this? When an employee takes annual leave and it is a paid leave, the system used to accrue 12.67 hours  end of each month and the law also states that annual leave continues to accrue as long as employee is on paid leave. Howver in the recent payrun done(for Dec) I noticed that when a person has taken paid leave, the system is reducing the accrued leave hours and it seems to propotional to the other regular hours( hours actually worked). for eg, when a person is on paid leave for 2 days, the hours accrued is only 10.24 or so and not 12.67. As long as employee is not on Loss of Pay he/she should accrue 12.67 hours every month

I have checked quite a lot of payruns from the past and everywhere i see the whole of 12.67 hours accrue each month even when employee is on paid leave. It is just this month I noticed the reduction in acrrued hours. Has someone else noticed this too? Why is this the case?

• HI ann75 

What is the Leave pay item's calculation basis set to be? This can be checked via Payroll>>Pay items>>Leave>>Selecting the desired leave pay item-- Leave information>>Calculation basis. The importance of this is that this determines how the leave is calculated for the employee. 

If the calculation basis shows Equals a percentage of wages and the Percent of shows Base Hourly (for example) it will only calculate on hours paid through that Base hourly pay item i.e. any hours paid through the Annual Leave Pay pay item will not be included in those calculations. You commonly want that that calculation basis to be Equals a percentage of wages and the Percent of set to be Gross Hours. This way all categories will be included in the calculation (you can exclude certain categories if not required using the Leave exemptions section if necessary).

Please note: It does depend on the setup and the way you pay your employees - Help Article: Set up leave has information on setting up leave that may be more relevant to your situation and employees.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • HI ann75 

What is the Leave pay item's calculation basis set to be? This can be checked via Payroll>>Pay items>>Leave>>Selecting the desired leave pay item-- Leave information>>Calculation basis. The importance of this is that this determines how the leave is calculated for the employee. 

If the calculation basis shows Equals a percentage of wages and the Percent of shows Base Hourly (for example) it will only calculate on hours paid through that Base hourly pay item i.e. any hours paid through the Annual Leave Pay pay item will not be included in those calculations. You commonly want that that calculation basis to be Equals a percentage of wages and the Percent of set to be Gross Hours. This way all categories will be included in the calculation (you can exclude certain categories if not required using the Leave exemptions section if necessary).

Please note: It does depend on the setup and the way you pay your employees - Help Article: Set up leave has information on setting up leave that may be more relevant to your situation and employees.

ann75
      Experienced User

Thank you very much for your quick response. appreciate it especially because its necxt to impossible to get someone to help on phone from the call centre.

I followed what you said and it works fine now. I am not sure why this issue popped up this month suddenly or why the set up changed, but as long as problem is solved, its good. Thanks again.