Custom report names in new report packs

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlanT
Partner
2,369 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,369Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

Custom report names in new report packs

Hi Again MYOB,

I am still working my way through using the new report packs and I am finding some difficulties with the custom report name and custom report description.

I have created a custom report that I would like to use in my report pack and I have given it a name to identify it as being a customised report.  i.e. BalanceSheetLastYearNoCents.

In the Description field I have just entered Balance Sheet.

When I create my report pack template, I can see this customised report based on the report name and I select to use that report.

HOWEVER, when I run the report rather than getting the description Balance Sheet in the Table of Contents, I get the code BalanceSheetLastYearNoCents.

How do I get the correct description rather than the report's Name because I am unable to select the report by it's Description when I setup the template.

Thanks,

AlanT

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Custom report names in new report packs

Hi @AlanT 

Think this is a similar situation to New Report Packs where is a set value for the Table of Contents based on the name. 

I see you have shared Change the Report Pack so it uses a custom reports description in the Table of Contents instead of i... on the Idea Exchange. I would encourage other users that would like to see that be included in the software to go through a support that idea.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AlanT
Partner
2,369 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,369Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

Re: Custom report names in new report packs

Hi @Steven_M 

I was so excited to see the possbilities of the Report Pack during the webinar last week and then I found out about all these limitations.  The report can't even be exported to Word to fix these limitations.

I'll just go back to my old way of doing things as it doesn't sound as if this will be fixed.

AlanT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post